Sunday, November 16, 2008

description

Haha. Forgot about the 150 words for the last post.

The way I am approaching this assignment will hopefully help me with my photoshop skills. I sketched out the picture in my sketchbook and transferred them onto the computer. The first picture that I started on was the 1920's one. Her name is Janus by the way. I thought I would start by laying down the main colors on separate layers for each thing. I kinda got frustrated doing that though and I couldn't figure out why so I moved on to the next picture. Instead of filling in the base colors on the 1900's portrait I decided to take each part one step at a time. For example, I started with the jacket because it seemed like the easiest. I filled in the base color but then went back in and did all of the shading and rendering. Then I continued to the dress shirt then the tie in the same manner. I found this a better way to work. I don't know why but it's just better for me.

I plan on starting on the third portrait soon and working through it the same way.

1 comment:

charlie post said...

Hey Amy,
soooo, what will your final project be? will it be a series of portraits? prey tell!