Monday, September 29, 2008

Self portrait take 2

Project assignment: Creat a self portrait that syas something about yourself, either in photo manupulation or painting (or something like that).



I started with the music note that I found online. I croped it and put it on a new canvas, and resized it. I drew myself in my sketchbook and photoed it. Once it was in photoshop I outlined it black, got rid of the pencil photo, and put it on the same canvas as the note. I colored it there. Last thing was the background. I found a stock photo of sheet music and blured it and then did a dry brush filter. Added a little shadow for interest.

Why did I choose music? I loooooooove music. I love playing it, and listening to it. Almost any kind of music will do if I can sing along or dance to it. I hate sitting around in silence so I am constantly listening to something: the radio, cds, music on my computer, my mp3 player, even my records. Sometimes it's an escape if I dont want to think about something, I just turn on some distracting music. It makes the time go by faster or if I'm in a certain mood it helps me get in or out of a funk.

When I'm playing music and I'm doing it well I get this fantastic feeling that I can do anything. I might not be the best but I love my viola and the piano. When I listen to other people play and I know they love what they do I feel like a have a connection to those people because we get the same feeling playing music.

I could probably go on forever about music but I'll stop here.

1 comment:

Adele said...

I hope to see a change, But what you have done show that feeling of get away with music.