Sunday, October 12, 2008

High School Logo part 2

The new logo for Grafton High School! I didn't use the school colors (red and blue), well, there is blue but there's no place for the red. I chose this design over the others because I like the look of it. It's straight to the point: school name, mascot name and a picture of the mascot. The other designs either weren't strong enough or the design didn't work or both. This also has a very traditional feel to it and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing for a school this new.

I'm very proud of myself as this is my first project using Illustrator. I thought I wouldn't get it but finally today it just started coming together and I pretty much did all of this today. Except the rope, I did that a couple of days ago.

7 comments:

charlie post said...

This is awesome! It seems like you really have a handle on the program.
congrats!

Molly said...

I love it! I think it is a great improvement of the old logo. I love how you stuck with the circle but broke out of it too.

amyARTE250 said...

nice,i like the ship its very simple, the curving of the text is a nice touch. the contrast from the square elements of the flag to the circular rope is appealing.

Gina said...

I think you should submit it to the county. Your design is clean and a big improvement over what they have. If they insist on some red, the school name could always be printed in red.

BlogBloke12 said...

i really like the shape and how it flows, very nautical and navy like, the only thing i can think is maybe and extra shade of brown maybe in the ship, very nice!

Marshall said...

I think that the school's colors have a very simple and sensible place to go, looking at this image that you've created... why not make those sails red? That's school colors, and remember that historically the schools colors, if, for example, a school has a sailing team, are going to be represented on the sail- it's an immediate and obvious identifier. OR... you could make the sails blue, and the sky red... red skies can either mean peace- if the sky is red at night, or trouble- if the sky is red in the morning. That's a pretty cool dichotomy that you might want to consider.

Adele said...

I do believe you know how to work the program it shows.